Fashion companies are obliged to manage the chemicals used in a production process correctly and in a sustainable way. Consumers, in fact, demonstrate an ever increasing attention to the impact that the production of goods can have on people and on the environment. It is for this reason that since 2015 Giuntini SPA has decided to create within its own company a Chemical Management Procedure which has been definitively implemented with the ISO 14001 certification, obtained in March 2017, which defined this instrument in compliance with the regulations.
In the fashion supply chain, especially for a clothing company, chemicals management procedure, and the management of the environmental impact, certainly requires the adaptation of its production internal processes, and involves the need / opportunity to systematically manage the relative aspects of the relationship with its suppliers, undertaking a process based on the control of the supply chain, using detailed Specifications, MRSL and PRSL. The main purpose of Giuntini SPA is to monitor its production process to engage and form all the members that represent:
- Achieve greater awareness of the chemicals used internally and by their suppliers
- Respond to the environmental requirements established by its Customers / Brand
- Implement actions to control the risk of non-compliance and deficiencies associated with the use of dangerous materials for the environment and for living beings in general
- Contributing to the reduction of pollutants by alternative solutions, which can also bring benefits in terms of efficiency of production processes.
- Equip with tools that allow one to measure the environmental presentation by promoting communicability
- Strengthen its commitment to sustainability
- Monitor and control the presence of chemicals in the finished product, demonstrating a proactive approach to its clients and stakeholders